What is the access control system you ask? It can be simply put as a system used for verification, authorization or access approval through credentials such as passwords, login IDs, scans, etc. Access control system is a must in one’s property to ensure safety and prevention of an unknown’s access.
REASONS TO USE:
There are plenty of reasons other than security and safety in which this control system can be used as an advantage.
- Access control systems have assemblies which help you locate where or when a person entered and how. They also help you find people in a building or a place in case of emergency or a shutdown
- Access control systems are not easily hackable. It doesn’t let people enter even with spare keys or any other copy.
- You can even set schedules to control how many people can enter the premises and access will be given for how many times. If you want your employees to enter the building during certain hours only, the system would let you do that.
- The most efficient use of the system is using it to save energy being used in your building. If the system finds no one using a section of the building, it automatically turns off the energy supply to the area, thus reducing your energy bills.
HOW TO INSTALL:
It might take a few days for the parts that you have ordered to arrive. Once the order comes, you can do the following to install the system:
- Start with arranging cables for power, signals, and internet as they are a pre-requisite for a functional system.
- There are different types of door locks that can be installed such as electric shock locks, mortise locks, and magnetic locks. The locks you install would depend on the type of doors you have. For the process, you might have to get your door frame changed or removed. Try getting these things done as early as possible to avoid disturbance later.
- The system can also handle more than one door at a time. It depends on the settings you have arranged for your system. It is better to get a power supply in back-up to reduce chances of the system going down.
- After you have installed the system equipment on the wall already, it is time to set up the software and test if the system is working properly. The proper check of all the doors, their closing and opening are important.
How to use:
The system is tricky enough which requires a proper checking and authentication to make it work properly.
- For buildings that have installed the system for office, purposes should get their staff authorized to operate it. Try it with every person that will be a regular to your building to ensure no malfunction happens. You will have to get access cards for each person, make them check the system through their cards and see if the system is recognizing them.
- Setting up a door schedule to manage who enters when is a good option. A program which door can open to whom and for how long time. Schedule up the hours during which your workers can enter and after what time they won’t be allowed inside. It’s better to discuss these schedules with your team and members of the security department.
- After setting up the rules, check whether the system is working or not. Once installed, setup and powered up, finally, now comes the time to grant access to your workers in real. When the system starts to get in use, you will get to know if there is any problem with it or there are issues that need to get sorted.